Corona Update 16.06.2020:
In order to give you an overview of the courses offered by the faculty in the "Corona Semester", we have compiled a table of all courses, sorted by course number:
To the courses offered by the Faculty B+U in SoSe 2020 (as of April 20, 2020)
To the courses offered by the Faculty MB in SoSe 2020 (as of April 20, 2020)
The following general rules apply to inspection of written examinations and oral supplementary examinations during the reduced operation of the RUB:
- Inspections of written examinations are only possible after prior appointment. A group is usually set up in the corresponding Moodle course for students who would like to take the inspections of written examinations. If there is a high number of registrations, those students who have not passed the exam will be given preference when setting the dates. The chair can also set a date for the inspection of passed exams only after the RUB has reopened to the public, because the grades can be changed later if necessary. The relevant announcements of the chairs on Moodle must be observed.
- The duration of the inspection of written examinations is limited to 15 minutes. Questions must be submitted in writing and will be answered by e-mail after the inspection. The chairs may make different arrangements.
- Oral supplementary examinations are offered as face-to-face or online examinations. The modalities for registration are regulated and announced by the chairs.
- For inspections of written examinations and oral supplementary examinations as attendance date, the entrance to building IC is possible via the entrances IC 04 South and IC 04 North. The Dean's Office has reserved seminar rooms IC 03-604 and -610 for inspections of written examinations and oral supplementary examinations. Students whose inspection of written examinations or oral examinations take place there, please go to the waiting area in room IC 03-606 until they are called. Please bring your own writing utensils and observe the RUB regulations. In order to be able to trace possible chains of infection, all attendances are documented and this documentation is kept for four weeks.
Medical Certificates for examinations during reduced operation must be sent digitally (as a scan or photo of the fully completed certificate form) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The automatic registration of examinations in the Bachelor and Master courses of Civil Engineering and UTRM will be suspended in the summer semester 2020. All examinations must be registered independently within the registration period.
Applications for examinations in the Bachelor and Master programmes Civil Engineering and UTRM are possible from 15.06. to 15.07.2020 via FlexNow. For exams with PVL an extended registration period until 14 days prior to the exam date applies. In justified exceptional cases, registration within this period can also be made by the Examinations Office. Please send an e-mail stating the examination(s) to email@example.com.
Cancellations of examinations in the Bachelor and Master programmes Civil Engineering and UTRM are possible in summer semester 2020 until one week before the examination date. During reduced operation, this can also be done until one week before the examination date by e-mail to the Examination Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in FlexNow.
Free attempt: According to the Corona Epidemic University Regulations of the State of NRW, which were still being modified on 15.05.2020, all exams taken and not passed in the summer semester 2020 are considered not taken. Further questions of implementation will be determined at the next meeting of the Audit Committee. Until then, please refrain from calling the Examination Office.
Applications for final theses can be made during the reduced operation period by e-mail to email@example.com, indicating the supervising chair. The possibility of issuing the topic, which can also be done by e-mail if necessary, should be clarified with the supervising chair. Please use only your RUB e-mail address for communication with the Examination Office.
Current theses, which have to be handed in during the reduced operation, have to be sent as a pdf-document by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and the supervising chair. The printed version can be submitted after the reduced operation. For the presentation of final theses in a lecture during the reduced operation it is sufficient to submit the slide presentation by e-mail to the supervising chair instead of a lecture, as long as there is no possibility for a video-based presentation. Extensions of theses can be requested informally by e-mail to email@example.com and the supervising chair. Please use only your RUB e-mail address for communication with the Examination Office.
Inability to participate in an Examination
If you are unable to take an examination due to health reasons, you must present a doctor’s certificate.
Procedure - Recognition of inability to take an examination
1. Print the certificate of the inability to take an exam.
2. Fill out the upper part of the form.
3. Your doctor should fill out the lower part of the form.
4. The complete form must be handed in to the examination office directly after the exam, at the latest one week after the exam date. The stamp with the date of reception of the document from the examination office is decisive. You can hand in the form in person during office hours or leave it in the examination office letterbox out of hours. Please take into account that the letterbox is only emptied once per day (usually in the morning). If the certificate has not been received in the correct version on time by the examination office, the examination shall be counted as 'failed' 5,0.
Only the official certificates of the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering will be accepted for the attestation of the inability to take an examination.
All examination periods until the winter semester 2021/22 are listed in the following table: